Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Default Freezer part of Kitchenaid refrigerator not freezing

LurfysMa wrote:
Hi,

Is there anything else I can do before I call a repairman?

Have you cleaned the condensor coils recently on this refrigerator?
http://www.applianceaid.com/clean_condenser.html

Yes, I cleaned them about 5-6 weeks ago. They weren't all that dirty.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Am I correct that with one-compressor units the two controls both
affect both compartments because the cooling takes place in the
freezer compartment first, then some of that cold air is blown over
into the refrigerator compartment?

That is, if I move the frig control to warmer it will make the freezer
compartment colder and vice versa?

G'day,

Am I correct that with one-compressor units the two controls both
affect both compartments because the cooling takes place in the
freezer compartment first, then some of that cold air is blown over
into the refrigerator compartment?

Slightly yes....one is a "real" cold control that cycles everything on
and off ( compressor, fans, etc ) and the other is an air damper.
Turning air damper slightly warmer will keep more air in the freezer
and a little less in the fresh food section.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/