Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default What kind of insulation

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:12:25 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

Has anyone seen a product that sounds like it would work well here or am I
stuck using 16" wide rolls and stapling in strips to the underside of the
subfloor instead of the joists. This is not ideal because it would compress
the edges of the insulation.

Do you think installing paper faced insulation with the paper up so I can
staple through it is a good solution?

This would compress tthe middle of the insulation. I don't know
how bad that would be, but as bad as t he edges.

48 is 3 times 16. I would think you could tie the stuff up with
strings wrapped around occasional nails or something, and after all
three bats of insulation are up, nail a wood strip to hold things in
place. Or soemthing like that.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.