Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Bathroom remodeling advice needed

dk wrote:
I having my bathroom re-tiled and repainted. The re-tiling involves the
demolition of the current tile and from what I've been told will cause a
lot of mess. If I paint before I'm thinking that I'll have my newly
painted walls covered with dust. If I paint after I risk spills on my
new tile? Any advice would be appreciated.

No different than construction in any other room. Paint goes on last
unless there's an unusual situation. Painting around stuff you don't
want to get paint on is done all the time and is no big deal. Tape the
tile where needed, use some drop cloths and don't push the roller
around too fast. Better quality paint is also less likely to splatter.

The tile work will probably leave thinset/grout smears on the painted
surfaces and there will almost certainly be some touch up painting
needed after the tile is done anyway.