Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default Sump basin question

That sounds like a fine way. water needs a way to get in.
"Jack" wrote in message news:C5qif.2802$4r.321@trndny01...
Hello,
Getting so many opinions on my sump installation. Here is one for you
alt.repair experts.
Bought a basin at HD. Removed a circular portion of the floor in the
basement corner. Put the basin in the hole. The lip of the basin rests
nicely on the floor.

Question: Some people tell me I should remove the bottom of the basin.
Basically cut it off, then dig out about a foot below the basin, fill with
stone, then put the pump on top of the stone. Just to be sure, also drill
1/2 holes in the side of the basin, and wrap the basin with landscape
fabric.

Is this correct way to install the basin? Thank you.