Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Miller

Default Window replacement hardware

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:09:43 GMT, "RichK" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| My windows are aluminum and at least 30 years old. They slide up and down
| OK, but some of the hardware is broken. Especially the plastic parts. Do
| not know the brand, as it's not stamped anywhere, or at least I cannot find
| it.
|
| Is there are place where replacement hardware can be found for these?
| Regardless of manufacturer, I suspect the hardware came from the same place
| for many brands of windows. There's a spring, cord with hook, a couple
| plastic pulleys, all in an aluminum channel.
|
| Regards,
|
| Rich

Here's a place for window hardware I've used. I've purchased about a
half-dozen tube balances from them in the last few years, although I
think you need to look at the channel balances. Not an easy website,
but if you call them they will answer questions patiently and
politely.

http://www.homewindowrepair.com/balance.html