Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Tin Ceiling info...

Thinking of doing a tin ceiling in my kitchen/dining room. The existing
drywall ceiling is pretty flat so I'm considering a snap lock system
from American Tin Ceiling:

http://www.americantinceilings.com/colors.html

Price wise it looks to be about $500-600 for the layout. I'm concerned
about how a painted crown molding would look against the dull copper
finish. I think the addition of the tin crown might be a bit over
powering for my rooms.

Another option which looks promising is the Armstrong "faux" tin tile
product. It's about 1/2 the price. I have to go find some though so I
can see what the finish looks like. The website only show them as
grayscale.

Either way, I'm not looking for a super shiny finish but more dulled. I
like the idea of avoiding the razercuts to the hands treatment that
comes with the real metal product. Anyone do such a project recently?

--
Bill