Alex

Default ball bearings with the U groove in outer ring

I considered it sometime ago. Unfortunately environment in which the device
will be used
have some abrasive dust present.
Plus manufacturing cost will be too high because:
1. Turned, ground and polished shafts are expensive. Especially stainless
ones.
2. Shafts must be absolutely parallel and at precise distance which makes
the manufacturing expensive.
3. Making slide is an expensive due to the precision.

Thanks for suggestion anyway.

BTW The cheapest(but still too expensive for me) linear solution I found was
from GUS.

"dann mann" wrote in message
Just buy some linear bearings and be done with it. Somebody figured this
out a long time ago. Thompson bearings and shafts.