Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Safety to the extreme at Home Depot

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
I was walking through a Home Depot the other day and came upon the RAS in
the lumber area. It had some fancy new jig on it for crosscutting lumber.
It was a monstrosity. There is basically no way of getting anywhere close
to the blade.

The lumber is slid in and a handle pushes the lumber up against the fence.
No hand is required to hold the wood and they even have a resting spot for
the free hand. The blade slides through a slot with a blade guard
covering the blade 100%.

This seems like safety taken to the extreme. Only someone brain dead
could possibly get hurt.

Brian Elfert

The second they invent something idiot proof, along comes a better idiot....

I didn't make this up, but I've seen it in action more times than I care to
count.

jc