Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default crankshaft balance factor

On 28 Nov 2005 14:53:11 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Jordan says...

Doesn't sound, from the original post, that he's likely to find another
part in a salvage yard in India.

A lot of those salvage yards are on the internet, and one can
search their stock online. I suspect he could find one to ship
him the part easier than modifying the original design.

And just exactly what kind of fun is that Jim? I mean no matter which
methodology th' gent chooses to balance it, there will always be
vibratory feedback. No such thing as a perfectly balanced
reciprocating mass. Well, besides that buttered toast strapped onto a
cats ass theory.

Now *where* that happens in his rpm's range is where th' fun begins.
Preferably not in th' sweet spot, which I'm guessing is 5-6k rpm.
That leaves a bunch of room for hitting it correctly... or adequately
anyway.

Just a guess.

Yeah, me too g.

Snarl