Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default dowel pin with threads on the side ?

Bo-Ming Tong wrote:
I am looking for a small brass or stainless rod, approx 1/16" diameter
x 1/4" length, which has a threaded hole on the side, so that I can
screw on another rod perpendicular to it. This sounds like regular
hardware, right ? What is it called and where do I find it ? Thanks.

Sound like something a clock parts supplier would be adept at making.
1/16 diameter means the threaded hole will have to be smaller than an
0-80. Likely something like a 0.8 UNM (Unified Miniature Thread) with
127 TPI would be required.

Shouldn't be much of a job for someone with the right small size
tooling, but I wouldn't want to tackle it in my home shop. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)