Posted to alt.home.repair
A Veteran for Peace

Default Washing machine draining problem

In article .com,
"anne" wrote:

My washing machine is holding its water just fine when no agitating is
going on, but as soon as the agitating begins the water starts to drain
away until it is almost all gone and machine needs to refill. One wash
load last night emptied my hot water tank! What is the matter with it
and is this something that I can fix myself? The machine is really
really old, but has been great and I really don't want to pay for a new
one. Thank you.
Anne

well, the first guess , is the solenoid that lets water in. If it sticks/
water will keep coming in.
You could switch the hot/cold hoses and see what happens.
good luck!

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.