Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub drain: Standard lever type vs pop up type

I ma thinking of replacing my bath tub drain which currently has the
standard lever with one of those pop up types. I have never had one of
the pop up types before. I understand that they are better, but I
really wanted to hear from someone wh has had both to confirm. My main
concern witha pop up type is that my current lever type does catch a
lot of hair, that presumbaly would otherwise go down the drain and clog
up my pipes (I would think?). Can anyone comment on one vs the other?