Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Does such a beast exist?

On 27 Nov 2005 16:16:21 -0800, "BobK207" wrote:

Jessica-

I've looked for these bolt-on fins via Google & had no success.

I remember them being about 3" x 3" flat plate with a flanged hole that
fit over the hot water (maybe steam) pipe. They were a two piece
assembly with two screws that allowed it to be slipped over the pipe &
tightened into place.

We installed them about 2" apart over about a 4 to 6' length.

I don't know if they can be had.

In your reply to one of the earlier posts you mentioned taking
flashing & bending over the pipes. I think this would be a good
sustitute for the fins I metioned

kinda like this pipe / conduit two hole strap;
www.mcmaster.com
part number 3039T16
Plain Steel Two-Hole Strap for 1-5/16" OD, 1" Pipe, 1/8" Thick

make them out of copper strip ~.025" to .032" thick, about 3/4 wide.
Mkae the ears about 1.5: or 2" beyond the fastening screw hole. Form
them slightly smaller than the pip OD so you get good contact pressure

9709K73
Alloy 110 Copper Shim Stock Roll .025" Thick, 6" Width X 50" Length
In stock at $34.54 Each

home made heat fins!

Ha. Add another co-axial pipe, 2" bigger, stuff the space between
them with steel wool, and force air through that outer jacket.