Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Chuck

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:07:19 -0700, Mark Tetrault
wrote:

Any one tried the Utility Grip 4 jaw Lathe Chuck (includes 2 chucks) at
Penn industries?
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/cug3418.html

Trying to decide what to buy for my Jet Mini.

Mark

Just a personal opinion, but I bought a Oneway Talon for my shopsmith a year or
so ago.. love it!
When I got my jet mini, I bought an adapter for $20 and I was turning on the
mini...
I bought a jet 1442 in June and just screwed the chuck off the mini and onto the
new lathe...
I don't know if this is an endorsement or not, but I just got my 2nd Talon last
month so that I have one on each lathe...

They AREN'T cheap, but I figured that it was a long term investment and $200
wasn't gonna bankrupt me...
I have no experience with any other chuck, so this is NOT an objective post..
*g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing