Posted to rec.woodworking
loutent

Default Choice of glue brush, was How to Clean Wood Glue?

I also use whats commonly called an acid brush. Since
my nearest water source is a distance away, I keep
a small pail of water nearby with a small sponge
and an old washcloth for cleanups. Usually, I will
toss the brush in the pail at the end of the glue session.
Many times, they can be reused, but it seems lately
that I got a batch where the bristles fall out easily.

The one glue accessory that I have really latched on
to is a bottle with a wide roller tip. This saves so
much time in certain instances that I think that I
could not do without it now.

Lou

In article , Leuf
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:36:09 -0800, "nevems2"
wrote:

Whats best to apply Titebond II and similar glues? Have used acid brush and
cut down paint brushes. Kind of a PIA to use. Haven't found a source for
"glue brushes". Any hints appreciated.

For detailed stuff I like to use a little rod of scrap wood cut at an
angle on the end. Can use the point to get in the tight spots, and
the face of the angle to spread with. The nearest sink is up a flight
of stairs, so a glue brush is pretty much guaranted to be use once and
then in the trash for me. This way I can just keep cutting the end
off to get a fresh end until it's too short to use. On larger pieces
I'll apply the glue directly to the piece and use the stick to spread
it, for small stuff I'll squeeze out a blob on the back of a used up
piece of sandpaper and dip. Works for me.

-Leuf