Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Woodman

Default Fire/smooke detection in the shop

Mount a smoke detector just outside the shop door and connected with the
others in the house. Vacuum it off once a month. No compressed air. Keep
the shop door closed whenever possible. I dont know about heat detectors.
Tom

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
What are the recommendations for smoke/heat detectors to detect fire in a
shop? Won't standard smoke detectors collect a lot of dust and
malfunction?

Ideally, I would interconnect the detectors in the shop with the ones in
the house so I know about a fire when I am not out there.

Brian Elfert