Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Cliff

Default Happy Thanksgiving... yeah, I'll be in m'shop...

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:52:16 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:32:56 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Also, you might want to consider some nylon strips epoxied on both the plate
and the channel, for better slide-ability.

Does epoxy bond well to Nylon?

Cliff:

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/15377/45

================================================= ==
Epoxy bonds plastic products.

Two-part TRA-BOND 2170T is suitable for bonding nylon, PVC,
polyethylene, acrylic, lexan, polypropylene, kapton, and almost any
thermoplastic substrate. It is thixotropic to allow for more control
over flow. Epoxy can be used for automotive, medical, aerospace,
photonic, and assembly applications.

BB,
I suspect that your run of the mill epoxy might not bond
well to Nylons.
--
Cliff