Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Solar

On 28 Nov 2005 11:28:53 -0800, wrote:

Peter Parry wrote:

From the fact that the results I measured on my system and those
obtained by the DTI in their tests of commercial systems were similar
I conclude that my installation and design was quite adequate. I was
puzzled as to why you considered it to be inadequate

IIRC you said it did not provide a satisfactory supply of hot water,
and did not pay back its installation cost. That would seem to me to
make it inadequate on both grounds.

You will have to blame celestial mechanics for that I am afraid.
There simply isn't enough solar energy available in the UK for much
of the year to make solar water heating worthwhile.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/