Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default Leaving Heating on Whilst on Holiday

Kevin wrote:
Normally if I was on holiday for 2 weeks at Christmas I would switch
the heating off and turn the water off just in case.
With very cold weather predicted I just wonder if it would be advisable
to leave the heating on the programmer but turn the thermostat down a
bit. As I see it if it still freezes I am stuffed so I might aswell
switch the heating and water off.
What do other people do?

Kevin

Going away in the winter I turn the room stat down to minimum (8-10) and
the HW down to 40 (or off it's for more than a week and not predicted to
be sub zero for much of that). The system's quite spread out, so the
reserve of heat in the HW tank will protect much of the pipework. We
have to be careful to leave a door open into the kitchen though - it's
unheated with 2 outide walls and only 100mm insulation in the flat roof.

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk