Posted to alt.home.repair
Shiva the Destroyer

Default Options on new panel, upgrading existing?

I have an older home, c. 1940, originally one family converted to two
c.1970, with a mix of old and new electrical service. The upstairs
apartment has circuit breakers and a newer panel. The downstairs
apartment still has threaded fuses.

One circuit in particular makes me crazy. A bedroom outlet and two
kitchen outlets are connected to socket five. Makes no sense to me,
but there it is.

Question: when I hire an electrician to swap out the old fusebox with a
circuit breaker box, can I also have that socket five circuit split
into separate circuits?

-R