Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Getting a handle on our tools

Some of us prefer factory finished wood handles, some prefer weighted
metal custom or multi use handles and some would prefer to buy unhandled
tools or when felt necessary, substitute their own handles. I'm
interested in the latter.

It somehow seems proper to have a 'no nonsense' finish on tools and
machines. YMMV, but I think a 'workman's sweat' finish on handles looks
and feels good in use; ugly-nice and provides a non-slip comfortable
grip.

There are many variations; pipe, weighted wood, out of round cross
section, cushioned surface, color, shapes, brass tacks etc. for comfort,
efficiency and identification.

What are the variations that those of you who make tool handles prefer?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter