Posted to rec.woodworking
JJ

Default The Essential Workbench Article?

DonkeyHody wrote:
JJ, my scanner and I are fighting this morning (as usual), but here are
the dimensions.
The top slab is 26" X 73 3/8" X 2 1/2" thick. They cut dados in the
boards before gluing up to make square dog holes 6" on center inclined
3 degrees toward the end vise. The end vise jaw is 6 5/8 tall X 27 3/8
wide X 3" thick. The bench has an apron all around 6" tall X 1 3/4"
thick. Hope this helps

DonkeyHody

DH,

Thanks for the info. Helps a lot. Didn't realize they incorporated
square bench dog holes. The Acorn workbench incorporates square holes as
well. I have decided to incorporate round holes and use Veritas round
bench dogs. Not sure there is a great advantage or disadvantage of
either, but it seems like round is easier.

-jj

--
Remove BOB to email me