Posted to rec.woodworking
No

Default Clearing out the crap about the quality of Ridgid tools

Ridgid USED to make quality tools, in the plumbing area only. Things like
pipe threaders, etc. Then the name started being used by Home Cheapo on
their STORE BRAND tools. I typically avoid store brand stuff. Buying store
brand stuff limits you to that store only. You cant price shop, etc. And
those tools are that butt ugly orange too.

Now, has Hitachi gotten in bed with Lowes? I think I have started seeing
Hitachi branded stuff there and only there. Shese.

I will not buy store brand stuff (Ridgid, Craftsman and ummm, that's all off
the top of my head)

-B

"Greg D." wrote in message
I'd like to clear out the crap about Ridgid tools. It seems that a
while ago, Ridgid tools weren't any better than Craftsman or Ryobi.
Unfortunately, I'm not too aware of the previous line of products
because Home Depot opened up in Canada not long ago.

On the other hand, they introduced a new line of powertools recently
and based on my first impression, they look much better. In fact,
their hammerdril, jig saw and their 6" ROS is made by Metabo in
Germany. There's no crap here as far as I'm concerned.

Same thing for their line of nailers which seems to be very well done
and comparable to PC if not better.

Their miter saws look very decent, as well as other tools like their
impact drivers and cordless drills.

What's your opinion on their line of product? Pro, semi-pro or
hobbyist quality?

Thanks,

Greg D.