Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Tony Bryer

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

In article , Palindr˜»me wrote:
Don't forget GW Smith's in Lisle Street... I nearly got arrested there
as a teenager -the policeman took some time to convince that I was
really after a wobbulator..

When I was about 13 I scared my parents by cycling there (from
Twickenham) to buy a cheap loudspeaker - I could afford the speaker but
not the P&P. Of course if they had really valued my life they could have
offered to pay it g. I used to pore over the catalogue (red and black
cover IIRC) looking at all the things I would like to buy.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]