Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Andy Hall

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:52:08 +0000, Palindr?me
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

I had access to a similar stash at about 4 and was given a ball of
string and a screwdriver to wire them up with. I was using a
soldering iron at about 8 or 9 and going on my own to places like
Henry's in London to buy components at about 10. I still have one of
my early Veroboard projects - a timer made using geranium transistors.

I remember fixing an old Bush TV22 obtained from a jumble sale at
about the same time and learned about the concept of live chassis
products.

http://bakelite_world_2001.tripod.co...know/id48.html

Don't forget GW Smith's in Lisle Street... I nearly got arrested there
as a teenager -the policeman took some time to convince that I was
really after a wobbulator..

I have a 1968 Smith's Catalogue in near-mint condition, if anyone wants
to /really/ reminisce.

I remember them. I seem to remember that they advertised quite a
range of valve based kits for various things such as receivers and
audio amplifiers.

It's probably a sex shop now. Either that, or an eatery for luvvies
from the post places in that area.

--

..andy