Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
David Lee

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

Andrew Gabriel wrote...
I have a book with the voltage of all UK towns listed (and much of
the former Empire too). I can look it up this evening if no one
else knows. BTW, Reading was 200VAC 50Hz. My dad still has his old
B&D drill which was converted from 200V to 240V, and the rating
plate over-stamped.

I'd be grateful if you could - it's one of those little bits of trivia
that's been niggling in the back of my mind for years! I can't even
remember whether the conversion was increasing the voltage or DC to AC.

David