Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Hybrid Cars

On 27 Nov 2005 10:29:01 -0800, Rick wrote:

Sorry to disappoint but Hydrogen can easily be produced without fossil
fuel .... water is typically used (H2O) either catalyse or electrolyse
off the oxygen, and you have clean Hydrogen. (or Plasma arc process of
Kværner Engineering)

Thos etakler electricirty which comes from where?

I know that industrial processes for Hydrogen then recirculate the
Oxygen to produce the energy for the process.

Presently there are also processes for bulk steam reforming of natural
gas or methane

Natural gas an methane are fossil fuels

OK it can be argued that you are probably using fossil fuel to produce
the electricity for any electrolytic process - but there are
workarounds for that.

Not unless you use nuclear energy or wind turbines or some such there
ain't...and there is bugger all non fossil electrc capacity in our grid at
the moment/

If you want more details look at:
http://www.hyweb.de/Knowledge/w-i-energiew-eng3.html

They discuss a hugely efficient process (almost 100%) with 1005 usable
output products.

More adverts.