John Flanagan

Default Survival Steam Engine Question

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:54:59 -0400, Tom Quackenbush
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:39:14 GMT, (John
Flanagan) wrote:
SNIP

Yea, why does gas cost $4/gal in England? It ain't because their
crude oil costs are higher. Walked into a shop in Ireland once
looking for a NiMH charger, my 60Hz unit fried on the stepped down
50Hz power. Got into a huge discussion about the "value added" tax
after I was shocked at how high it was. I said to him, "You know
that's why America started the revolution". He ended up not charging
me any tax. I came away with the feeling that there's a lot of that
going around.

Ah, for the good old days, when we could blame our exorbitant taxes on
England!

You can say that again, time for a second revolution me thinks.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.