Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Tested my TIG inverter bridge under full power

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:29:41 GMT, Ignoramus18456
wrote:

The only thing that my inverter does not have, is control of power
when electrode is negative, and separate control when electrode is
positive (I think that it is called AC balance). For my inverter, the
absolute value of the voltageand current is the same for positive vs
negative half cycle.

They control balance with duty cycle control, which you can also do.

Yes, but, I think, they could also make current different for positive
vs. negative part of duty cycle.

Varying duty cycle does vary average current in each polarity even
though the instantaneous current magnitude is the same in both
polarites. That's how a Synchrowave works, others maybe different.

With DC pulsing, there is a "background" current level and a "pulsed"
current level but both are of same polarity.