Posted to alt.home.repair
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom

Default toilet tank float

Follow up.... I tried the manual movement of the switch and it still
made the water hammer noise. It feels like on the switch that there's
no slow transition between on and off, it suddenly shuts the water.
Just to be sure..... the noise I hear comes from 1 location in the
basement, it's of the water pipe rubbing against the joist for the
floor (sounds like a rattling/rubbing noise as the pipe shakes for a
second or two). Is there a new ballock I can buy that closes slowly
(do they wear out and now mine closes suddenly or something). I hate
to put too much time/money into this if its only caused by the toilet.
Why would it suddenly start up?