Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default jointing problem - rocker on long edges

"AAvK" wrote in message

Nope. Once they dried, they'd return to the relaxed position.

Okay... thank you... what if I do this anyway, and once flat remove
the towels yet put the cinder blocks back on, leaving the wood to dry
that way for a couple months? Would they spring back after that?

BTW this is some seriously hard, dense, heavy and very glassy smooth
maple.

I've dried a few thousand feet of hard maple, and there's no way I know to
bully it and get off scott free. I tried wedges on a stack inside frames
like they did in an ancient FWW, beginning with green lumber rather than
dry, and some still chose its own way when the wedges were released. After
that, I just sticker, stack, and wait, not weight.