Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Default DIY first aid kit.

Richard Packer wrote:

Burn cream?!?!? Every first aid course I've ever been on says the
only treatment for burns is plenty of water and then professional help
unless the burn's *very* small (oh, and *don't* burst any blisters).

Having spoken to my paramedic daughter, the burn cream is a definate no no.
Anything you put on a burn has to be removed in A&E.

Ambulance crews use sterile medical grade cling film, but apparently in an
emergency ordinary cling film is better than none.

Her advice is to wrap burns in cling film, keeps them from drying out, keeps
germs away, doesn't rip off skin when removed by A&E crew.

Dave