Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Baseboard Hot water sytem Valve wiring.

There are at least two separate 24volt power supplies. One, is a separately
mounted 40va transformer to power the zone valve motors, depending on how
many you have, you could have more than one transformer, and the other,
which is the one you need to be concerned with, which is built into the
relay, who's "TT" contacts you need to connect your switch wires to

"bill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Correct: i have replaced the switches.Having a background in
electronics i wasnt about to pay $150 per entire valve assembly when i
knew i could buy switches for $4.50 a piece.

I downloaded honeywell's valve wiring circuit diagram, but its greek to
me. I have model 8043

http://home.comcast.net/~janiebeast/60-2133.pdf

But back to :

http://home.comcast.net/~janiebeast/bill.htm

2nd pic down, i think i would connect red to lower middle connection
point and white to far left connection point. Those wires already
connected have 24 volts coming over them.

Which brings me to another question. While taking voltage readings and
such, is it normal for the type configuration to have 2 24 volt
supplies??

Go to forth pic down: he told me to reconnect this wires to current
spots, just removing his bypass:

http://home.comcast.net/~janiebeast/bill.htm

I should have stuck to electronics and computers , they are actually
much simplier.

Mikepier wrote:
bill wrote:
I have access to electronics so i ash him to somehow wire me a bypass
if possible. He did and that works. I have replaced switches but he
wired bypass when i was not looking,

I'm not sure if I understand, you already replaced the switches
yourself? Or the entire valve?