Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter V Rawlings

Default Sony E400 Monitor - Black level adjust?

Okay JH - thanks for the 'health warning' - understood! ;-)

If I had sight of the circuit info you suspect is applicable, I reckon I can
verify whether it matches-up.

The file size should not be an issue this end - depending on its format!

Just remove the stuff in capitals from the email address.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Pete.

"ampdoc" wrote in message
. ..
Warning - HIGH VOLTAGE in this circuit -typically 1200V!!! Any work you
perform is AT YOUR OWN RISK, I take no respnsibility whatsoever. This post
is for information only.

If this monitor is built on the same design as the IBM/sony P260 and
Compaq P1100, sony G1 Chassis, you will find the screen voltage sourced
from a second transformer. It does not come from the flyback/lopt. There
is a transistor on the CRT board and the screen voltage is dynamic,
regulated by a PWM like control/feedback loop. Two things can be done to
correct the problem- Either invest in the DAS software to realign the
unit, or fool the feedback loop and make the unit regulate itself. R457
and R459 on the A Board are your target.(CRT PCB) In my monitor I took a
standalone HV potentiometer out of an older monitor and paralelled it
across the 2 resistors (they are in series), so that I had an actual
adjustment I could use. It has worked very well, though you could do the
same with fixed resistors as well, if adjustment is not a concern.

I have a schematic for the G1 chassis but it's big, I can send it if you
can take 4M e-mail attachments.

--
Jammy Harbin