Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default Update on a previous post on the Delta Hybrid Saw (36-717)

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:48:11 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 26 Nov 2005 20:42:50 -0800, wrote:

As for the Delta brand, given all the commentary given here, including
the thread on no longer stocking old parts -- it looks like they are
intent
upon following the path of Craftsman --

In all fairness, and to stick with hybrid saws, I got a Craftsman
hybrid last year. With one exception, it went together easily,
everything fit, and it has served for about 15 months without a glitch.
The exception was the rear extension table arm, and that was as much my
fault as anything: I had one of those days when I could have tipped a
child's alphabet block to show the correct letter.

Of course, that saw was designed by a bunch old Delta hands...

I suspect that there are going to be a bunch of old Delta hands working
elsewhere soon.
Jim

Not soon my friend, but already.