Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

Default Update on a previous post on the Delta Hybrid Saw (36-717)

Lets hope they keep the Unisaw up to standard, from what I have heard the
new saw is an import. Not to say imports are bad, but they sure can be. I
have a lot more dealings with metal working tools than wood but some imports
are good others aren't. I sold a Takisawi lathe that was as good as they
get, right up there with the best machines from anywhere. I would be sad to
see the Delta name go down the toilet, I have a few of there machines and
they serve me very good.
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On 27 Nov 2005 06:48:32 -0800, "Charlie Self" wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 26 Nov 2005 20:42:50 -0800, wrote:

.. snip
As for the Delta brand, given all the commentary given here, including
the thread on no longer stocking old parts -- it looks like they are
intent
upon following the path of Craftsman --

In all fairness, and to stick with hybrid saws, I got a Craftsman
hybrid last year. With one exception, it went together easily,
everything fit, and it has served for about 15 months without a glitch.
The exception was the rear extension table arm, and that was as much my
fault as anything: I had one of those days when I could have tipped a
child's alphabet block to show the correct letter.

Of course, that saw was designed by a bunch old Delta hands...

Let me clarify, I understand that it appears that Sears is trying to
resurrect the Craftsman brand and restore some of its tarnished image; I
should have been more clear -- I was referring to the path that Sears had
traveled the past 20 to 30 years, with decreasing quality and lowered
price
points.

It's good to hear that Craftsman may become a good tool brand again.