Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob G.

Default HF 2hp DC ... and the CFM is?

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:19:49 -0500, W Canaday
wrote:

I have a fantasy and I'm willing to share it with the select few who visit
this news group.

My son tested my 2 Hp Grizley and my 1 Hp Penn State
DC'ers a few years ago using one of his measuring devices...

At the suction port the 2 Hp ran in the 800's and the 1 Hp in the
300's... measuring the 2 Hp unit on my Drill press which is located
about 30 foot from the DC came up with a figure of about 200..
under 200...

The 1 Hp is located 3 foot from my planer and it works just fine...
except the bag is too small and fills quickly...can not for the life
of me remember what "we" measured at the machine for it however

I made the mistake 15 or more uyears ago when first purchased the
Grizley and duct taped all the air spaces under my Cabinet saw ...
reduced the dust colection to zero...had no air movement...

I like to remove the fine dust...could care less about chips...my
jointer is not even connected...chips fall in a box...

Bob G.