Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Default jointing problem - rocker on long edges

I'm not sure if I understand the "bow side down".

Concave side down. I have the same problem with the maple boards for my workbench,
ripped to 2-1/4" depth (top-to-bottom) from 8/4 stock there is bending to about 3/32" to
1/8" deep because I "ripped too soon" (foolish me). The end jointing from the center is
a good idea I had not though of (as Mr. newby) before.

What about simply wetting the boards, wet towel on top or wrapped and weighted with
cynder blocks, convex on top? That way, I should think I would not lose thickness of the
top (as completed) before handplaning to flatness. Would it work?

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com