Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default Wanted: Clausing 5900 series lathe part

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:40:58 -0500, "Darron R. Birgenheier"
wrote:

Howdy all,

I own a Clausing 5912 vari-speed 12x36" 1HP lathe. The lever that
switches gears on the quick-change threading gearbox is broken off right
where the spring-loaded knob attaches. If anyone has a spare from a parts
lathe, I would like to buy it. This part is available from Clausing, but is
quite expensive, as I recall. I might be able to make a new end for the
broken lever, but would prefer to just replace it.

Thanks,
Darron R. Birgenheier

315-348-8787

Do you have both parts? Its not all that hard to weld it back
together.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner