Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dr Wu

Default Steel reinforcement in concrete ?

Go to a reinforcement supplier and if you give them exact dimensions, they
will cut,bend an deliver for you. They will provide the 12mm bars and a roll
of soft iron tie wire to tie it all up.
On construction sites mesh can be sandwiched between 2 planks and bent with
an excavator bucket-you won't do it by hand.
Good luck if you have to go for a raft.
"Don" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Due to possible bad ground conditions, I may have to use a raft foundation
in my 25sq M, single storey, flat roof extension. I was wondering whether

could tackle the steel reinforcement which involves having a 400mm x 6M
long, sq box made out of A142 mesh and marrying it with sheets of A142

mesh
and various lengths of 12mm ms bars. I' ve seen guys on building sites
twisting thin wire around steel mesh etc, but how do you bend the bars and
what kind of overlaps are required? Anyone have any experience or advice

impart?

I refer to the following site:

http://www.nuneatonandbedworth.gov.u...tes/default.as
p No2 Raft Foundation