Jerry Wass

Default OT - Lightweight Ebay shipping fee scam

No, I think that is a dishonest maneuver, with an "out" to look like an honest
mistake.

It's a pitiful state of affairs when you can't TRUST anyone,

Keith Marshall wrote:

When you fill out the forms to list an item on eBay it remembers the values
you used on the last item you listed. It's VERY easy to forget to change
something like the shipping charge. Now that PayPal is owned by eBay
they're very well integrated so the shipping specified on the listing form
is automatically passed to PayPal regardless of what the seller shows in his
text.

My point is that it could be, and probably is, an honest mistake.

--
Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"The universe is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
-Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes, 1934
"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
I won an auction this morning and the item description showed
a shipping fee of $2.00. Well, I did the Ebay checkout that
takes you straight to Paypal and lo and behold, the shipping
field on the Paypal invoice automagically filled in $7.00.
Not a bad boost for a $5.75 item.

I cancelled out of Paypal and went back in directly without
doing an Ebay checkout. I was then able to enter the described
shipping fee and finish the transaction.