Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison

Default Help Refinishing/Resurfacing Concrete

wrote:

Help me out here. I am currently walking on concrete in my house. I
had two dogs that destroyed my carpet so I ripped it out of every place
in the house thinking I could just polish the concrete and viola I have
a new trendy floor. That was a big mistake. I have glue and paint all
over the concrete and it is almost always dirty. I am at my wits end
for trying to refinish the concrete I have tried renting a floor buffer
with a coarse scrubber pad to no avail. So now I am thinking about
either 1 using my power washer and wet dry vac to power wash the
concrete or 2 to use my sander and working my way from 60 grit to 320
grit sand paper and water to wet sand the concrete? Am I on crack or
is that something to try?

Thanks,

Mike

You are definitely on crack. You need to do some research on
the net about concrete refinishing. There is plenty of info
out there. You could just bite the bullet and have a
contractor do a 1/4" overlay (you cannot do this yourself
without an experienced crew and a significant investment in
equipment). You can probably achieve something that you could
live with that you could do yourself. Check out concrete
grinders.

http://www.concrete-polishing.com/

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/polishing/

--