Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default Well pressure question

Hi all,

I have an in-well pump with a solenoid and expansion tank where the line
enters the house. Can someone please advise what the air pressure
should be in the tank? I had thought it was to be 28 or 29 lbs and put
this when the line was depressurized. Upon opening the line, the
pressure of course went up to 60 or 70 lbs with the pressure of the
water on it. I thought this was OK but a neighbour said it was way too
high. So, what is the proper procedure to do this and how much pressure
should I put in the bladder?

Also, what are the proper settings for the high (cut-off) and low
(cut-in) pressures?

Thanks

Keith