Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default HF 2hp DC ... and the CFM is?

"W Canaday" wrote in message
news
I have a fantasy and I'm willing to share it with the select few who visit
this news group.

snipped....

Unfortunately, most Mfg's overstate their CFM by a sizeable amount so even
if they can tell you what it is, it won't be right, more than likely. A
magnahelic or pitot tube setup would be the most accurate to figure this out
but the cost of those will probably be close to what you paid for the DC. I
have found Bill Pentz's site to be fantastic in my quest for a DC. He
describes how to measure the CFM, what you really need to remove the "dust"
(not just chips), etc.... Check it out: www.billpentz.com I believe.
Cheers,
cc