Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Update on a previous post on the Delta Hybrid Saw (36-717)

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

As someone with a shop full of Delta tools, I know that my satisfaction
with their quality started going way down after buying the hollow chisel
mortiser -- Delta is no longer #1 on my list of preferred tool suppliers.

Ditto, on the same tool, AAMOF ... the handles of the hold downs break as if
they were matchsticks.

I've also had a similar problem with the knobs on a Porter Cable 7529 router
I bought at a garage sale a few months back. The difference in quality
between it and the older PC routers I own is noticeable.

I was raised to take good care of tools, and one of the foremost reasons was
that they represented the spending of money that was hard to come by.

Add another incentive ... they can no longer be replaced at any price.

I keep marveling at how prescient Orwell was in "1984" ... and I'll say it
again - the effect of B & D taking over Delta is analogous to Home Depot
taking over Lee Valley.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05