Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Newbie Electrical Question

Good call on Mcmaster, they will have a min order though, I belive,
don't hold me to it. but on this ytpe of item it should easily make
the $25 min, if indeed they still have one in place. Still, as another
post said, if you at all unsure about anything, get the help of a
professional, let them be liable and take the risk. Electricty is no
joke, LOL. I only say that because I used to ork for WWG, and have had
to deal with some really crazy things from do it yourselfers. Like the
time I had a person (homeowner) call me and ask if I might be able to
sell them some gloves, I said "no problem, just come on down",
thinking I would be helping the guy out and doing him a favor if it was
a glove that he couldn't get from a local retailer. However, when he
got to the branch we learned that he was attempting to make some
changes to the "electrical box" in his home, and wanted gloves that
would protect him from the current when he grabbed onto it... I don't
think so, LOL. There is such a product, as in a Linesman's Glove, but
that is not something to be messing with. And we had to politely
decline the sale..I have a million of them. But it sounds like you
have a good grip on your situation. The people here can be helpfull,
still, please be carefull.

JMS

SMS wrote:
wrote:
Grainger does sell such and item, but if you are not a contractor or
a business and can price it solidly, ie 3 forms of business ID, they
will send you packing. As will most supply houses. Start where you
will end up, and call a pro..

McMaster-Carr is happy to sell to anyone, I've ordered from them many times.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for 3688K72. Multi-Mount Forced-Air Heater. Even shows a picture
of the plug! States that it works with 208V as well, with reduced output.

With heaters, they can operate at lower voltages with reduced output.
However not all motors will work down to 120V, on the forced air models.