Laurie

Default Smoke Alarms in domestic/holiday homes - new build, bank holiday wiring

Thanks Andy,

It is the right way to do it, but I am stuck in rural Devon on a BH, nearest
DIY store is 1 hr drive!!!!

Might have to bodge it!

Laurie
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:59:56 +0100, "Laurie"
wrote:

Thanks Guys,

I don't have any three core and earth wire (i.e. L,N&E + Interconnect),

can
I use two lots of 1mm^2 T&E i.e. one for L,N&E the other for interconnect
(providing I remember which is which!)?

Laurie

You could do, and I am not aware of any regulation saying that you
can't, but it has the potential of creating confusion so is not really
a very good idea.

Where twin T&E is used for wiring single lights, it's quite common
practice to label the black wire coming from the switch (the switched
live) with red insulating tape.

For this example, I suppose you could label the switched common wire
with yellow tape.

Cable is very cheap, so to be honest, I would buy some of the right
stuff. When you come to look at the wiring in a few years time and
want to change something, you will be pleased you stuck to the
conventions.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl