Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Laminate vs. solid oak?

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
Any opinions as to which way to go? I originally wanted solid, unfinished
oak but dh is telling me there are types of flooring that is *hardwood*

but
prefinished? I'm not sure that would be called *laminate*? He's not here
right now for me to ask. The only reason I'm hesitating on the unfinished
solid oak, is the amount of time it takes to install and poly it a number

of
coats. That means we and the dogs will have to locate elsewhere for
probably close to a week?

td

Most the floors have been explained . But one more thing you have to put

engineered flooring on concrete (Glued down) you can't use Solid wood. I
guess you could use the laminate floor it's not solid. But for not that much
more $$ you can find a prefinished Wood engineered floor.