Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Dexter doorknob removal

GCat002 wrote:

CJT wrote:

I wish I could see what you're seeing. I think the slot in question is
about 1/4 to 3/8 inches wide and just big enough the other direction for
a screwdriver blade. Pressing it firmly straight in while pulling on
the knob should release the knob.

Or you might have a different beast entirely. :-)

It seems like a beast! I found a similar slot on the outside knob
(running horizontal rather than perpendicular). I've even tried
pressing them at the same time with no luck. They are both as you
describe. I'll go at it again tomorrow when there is more light or when
I can borrow some muscle. I think the door is going to give before the
knob does!

Maybe it's a different sort. It may stick, but it shouldn't take a
huge effort. I don't want you to wreck your door because the setup
I'm familiar with isn't what you have!