Roger Shoaf

Default OT - Lightweight Ebay shipping fee scam

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
I won an auction this morning and the item description showed
a shipping fee of $2.00. Well, I did the Ebay checkout that
takes you straight to Paypal and lo and behold, the shipping
field on the Paypal invoice automagically filled in $7.00.
Not a bad boost for a $5.75 item.

I cancelled out of Paypal and went back in directly without
doing an Ebay checkout. I was then able to enter the described
shipping fee and finish the transaction.

I have paid $7 or $8 for shipping only to see that the postage was less than
$2. Kinda feels like you are getting taken.

--
Roger Shoaf